X1D Purchase

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael H. Cothran

Well, I did it! Bought the current X system from B&H - body, 3 lenses, extra batteries & chargers, new memory cards, XH adapter, and the RRS "L" bracket. While the prices are the same no matter where you shop (here in the USA), B&H gives free shipping, plus no sales tax. That's a significant savings for me.
Have no idea as to when to expect shipment though, since some pieces are still not available.

My plan now is to sell all or part of my current system on Ebay - H4D/50, 35-90 zoom, 100, 150, and 300 lenses, plus a few accessories that won't work with the X1D.

mkerouac

Congrats. I spent the weekend with the X1D at a photo workshop in New Orleans.  Stellar design. Stunning looks.  Still has some flaws.  SW Bugs. EVF shimmer is annoying and the EVF blackout/shutter lag takes some getting used too.  Also not fully compatible with Nikon flashes yet.  They work on the hot shoe, but not remotely.  Image quality is outstanding.  The camera is here to stay.  I'm committed to the X1d system, so, hopefully the firmware updates take care of some of the speed bumps.