Abt external batt for H3D

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacephoto

Hi guys, wanted to ask:

The H3D comes with an additional handgrip that allows you to put 3 x CR123 in for emergency purposes. I bought rechargeable batteries (rated at 650 mHa) but it doesnt power the camera. (it shows you the status but when you press shutter, it goes dead).

I am thinking of buying from overseas, www.dealextreme.com

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14

Nominal Voltage: 3V                                           
Capacity: 1400mah                                                     
Life: 10 years self life
Length: 1.5 cm
Height: 3.4 cm
Width: 1.5 cm
Weight: 30.6 gram
US$2.82 shipped

Before i commit another grave mistake such as short circuiting the camera or having useless batteries, can someone share his/her experiences?

Thanks.

sns7000

From what I heard from the Hasselblad Reps, you should forget the CR123 battery grip for use with the H3D.
It doesn't have enough power to last more than 10-20 minutes depending on how you are set up at that moment.
It was from the H1 days and when they changed the camera the battery was also changed to meet the new requirements.
I suggest that you just buy a few 7.2 Li-Ion and make life easier.

Jacephoto

Quote from: sns7000 on May 05, 2009, 09:47:05 AM
From what I heard from the Hasselblad Reps, you should forget the CR123 battery grip for use with the H3D.
It doesn't have enough power to last more than 10-20 minutes depending on how you are set up at that moment.
It was from the H1 days and when they changed the camera the battery was also changed to meet the new requirements.
I suggest that you just buy a few 7.2 Li-Ion and make life easier.

I see. Thanks sns7000