Phocus Wishlist

Previous topic - Next topic

pflower

The one thing that bugs me about Phocus is the selection of which folder to import to.  If I open a folder in Phocus and then want to import various photos the drop down menu only shows recent folders to which I have already imported images.  Exporting is fine since the initial option is the folder in which the 3fff file is located.  It would be helpful and save my memory and frustration if that was, if not the default, but at least an option in the drop menu on importing a 3FR file.

Ralf Mueller

Hi,

hope you're all enjoying the holidays. I haven't seen much activity here, not even sure this thread is still being used for Phocus wish list but let me give it a try.

I'm into 4x5" film photography again, long story but I really enjoy going out in the field with the view camera again. Got myself a scanning kit from Negative Supply for Christmas (see https://www.negative.supply) and would love to use my H6D camera for scanning film

So the wish for Phocus would be to add conversion functionality from negative to positive so that I would be able to use the H tethered on a repro mount. This piece of code should exist in Flexcolor already I guess. There are solutions out there like Negative Lab Pro, which is a LR plugin and others but would be great to have this integrated in Phocus.

Apart from this I wish you all a happy and joyful new year 2021!

Cheers,
Ralf

Alex

Hi Ralf,

Cheers for the well wishes & likewise yourself,

Have you already tried the Negative mode (found in the Reproduction panel? If so what were the results like with scanned film?

Alex

Ralf Mueller

Quote from: Alex on December 27, 2020, 11:36:14 PM
Hi Ralf,

Cheers for the well wishes & likewise yourself,

Have you already tried the Negative mode (found in the Reproduction panel? If so what were the results like with scanned film?

Alex

Dear Alex,

this is great input, thanks a ton. Tried using "Negative" as response in the "Reproduction" menu and it converts the colors. Having said that, the colors don't come out nice, everything has a blue-ish tone. I guess this is because I need to pick an appropriate Input Profile that reflects taking an image from the negative on a LED light source with a specific Color Rendering Index. Anyway, this is a good start, thanks so much Alex!

Will create a separate thread on this in the case I make progress....

Best Regards,
Ralf

Alex

Quote from: Ralf Mueller on December 28, 2020, 03:11:26 AM
Having said that, the colors don't come out nice, everything has a blue-ish tone.

What happens when you do a w/b off of a blue area that you know to be neutral?

Alex

Ralf Mueller

Hi Alex,

i opened a separate thread on this over here:
http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=7331.0

When I do a WB the image remains rather dull so i'm not sure what this "Negative" conversion does or if I'd need a special Input Profile for this.

I have the converted image attached in the other thread.

Best Regards,
Ralf

sepiareverb

Not sure this thread over at Rangefinder Forum will help, but there was a lot of discussion about dealing with color.

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163214

DJPixelMan

I think that it would be nice to have an Adjustment Layer opacity slider for each layer.

ashdown

As a new iPad Pro user, I'd love Phocus Mobile to have the full functionality of the desktop version. It would be an easy win for Hasselblad considering there are no fully featured raw processors for iPadOS yet. Even Lightroom is pretty lightweight. Most importantly it needs to be able to open files from SD card, external/cloud drives etc.

pss

Quote from: ashdown on January 29, 2021, 06:34:13 AM
As a new iPad Pro user, I'd love Phocus Mobile to have the full functionality of the desktop version. It would be an easy win for Hasselblad considering there are no fully featured raw processors for iPadOS yet. Even Lightroom is pretty lightweight. Most importantly it needs to be able to open files from SD card, external/cloud drives etc.
I am assuming you are using mobile2? you should be able to open files from any and all connected (and some cloud) volumes, the file system in the latest iPad Os is pretty solid....maybe you have to dig into the files app to find out more....what is a little annoying is that officially Phocus mobile 2 can only handle one Library/gallery but you can work around this

Charles2

As I noted last September, Windows PC and Mac users move the image files to a desktop or laptop rather than to a tablet. I hope Hasselblad will provide a simple program that takes files off the card and into a PC by wi-fi. Years ago Phocus Quick that did this through a USB cable. Just add wi-fi.

Today Hasselblad released Phocus 3.5.6. Their programming resources were devoted to keeping up with Apple's change of CPU.

Windows users must still remove the SD card or plug in a USB cable in order to take files off the camera. Regrettable.

docholliday

Quote from: Charles2 on January 29, 2021, 07:20:00 AM
As I noted last September, Windows PC and Mac users move the image files to a desktop or laptop rather than to a tablet. I hope Hasselblad will provide a simple program that takes files off the card and into a PC by wi-fi. Years ago Phocus Quick that did this through a USB cable. Just add wi-fi.

Today Hasselblad released Phocus 3.5.6. Their programming resources were devoted to keeping up with Apple's change of CPU.

Windows users must still remove the SD card or plug in a USB cable in order to take files off the camera. Regrettable.
Yes, it's ridiculous that Hasselblad and Phase One both dedicate so much effort to appease a platform that doesn't even register 10% of the market share under the excuse that "artists usually use Apple". For both company's products that have wifi, it's only useable for mobile. For P1, Windows 10 users of newer versions can't even connect their Firewire backs and can only use USB3 for tethering - which cannot maintain charge under tether.

ashdown

Quote from: pss on January 29, 2021, 06:51:12 AM
I am assuming you are using mobile2? you should be able to open files from any and all connected (and some cloud) volumes, the file system in the latest iPad Os is pretty solid....maybe you have to dig into the files app to find out more....what is a little annoying is that officially Phocus mobile 2 can only handle one Library/gallery but you can work around this

Really? So I can import from an external disk/card by Camera>USB? I'll give it a try. Thanks. I don't get any cloud drives showing up.

pss

Quote from: ashdown on January 30, 2021, 10:27:32 AM
Quote from: pss on January 29, 2021, 06:51:12 AM

Really? So I can import from an external disk/card by Camera>USB? I'll give it a try. Thanks. I don't get any cloud drives showing up.
also make sure your connection in camera is set correctly, which can be funky.....I believe to import from camera into LRmobile you actually have to set connection to MacOS....to import into Phocus it has to be iOS....same for tethering....

JCM-Photos

The two Camera cable tethering settings are:

USB Mac/PC when tethering to Computer USB3 (Phocus Desktop)

or

USB iOS when tethering to iPad Pro USB3 (Phocus mobile 2)
Sharpen your eyes not your files