Anybody successfully using Photoshop CS3 on 32bit Vista for H2D DNG?

Previous topic - Next topic

HMi

Hi,

Having done the introduction part, let me dive into my first issue. While I think that I have already learned that what I try to do is inferior to using Phocus (which I have installed on my PC), is there evidence that this setup has been made to work:

I run Photoshop CS3 on 32bit Vista with 4G memory and fast scratch disk with ample disk space. For casual shooting I would like to just use FlexColor to convert images to DNG and then use Photoshop to do raw processing. While this almost works, Photoshop freezes every so often when I do "Save as" after having imported the raw image into Photoshop and done some tweaks. If I do "Save as" before any processing, it mostly works.

Does this sound familiar? If yes, any hope of fixing the setup somehow, for my Olympus stuff I have newer had any problems?

Phil G

Hi

It sounds familiar in so much as I ended up buying a 17" MBP (refurbished) to run Phocus and have now stopped using my Win PC computers

even my wife's 20" intel iMac runs Phocus better than the WPC  and it runs Vista better as well !!! 

Phil
Photography is not just an end in its self but a powerful vehicle for Learning