H6D firmware update - when oh when?

Previous topic - Next topic

davidthescot

Hi

Does anyone know when the promised firmware update is coming?  I do not appear to be able to access the profiles option on the camera grip and I therefore assume that this one of the several things waiting to be implemented.

Any info would be appreciated.

DJPixelMan

Lol..good question. £15,000 camera with half the stuff missing months after launch.

bdp

My dealer said we have to wait until Photokina is over until we see another update.

DJPixelMan

Makes you wonder why the wait for a trade show to finish, I would have thought that Hasselblad's "valued" customers would have come first.  On another note, Phocus 3.0.4 is now out and on the Hasselblad site.

bdp

Yes, I agree. I am guessing it's a case of prioritising their limited resources, i.e. not enough staff!

I saw 3.0.4 but what is 'True Zoom'? Is it something to do with that H-branded phone case? Zzzzzzz....

maxshafiq

Just updated my H6D with a firmware update 1.5.2.

I received an email today saying one was available. A little disappointed as it was only a bug fix release, and at that just one bug fix. This is what the read.me file listed.

Bug fixes: Solves a an issue with incorrect orientation.

Hopefully something more substantial is coming...

maxshafiq

Weird as when I re-checked the read.me it says the firmware update is from July 19-2016.

I wonder why Hasselblad mentioned the latest firmware upgrade in there latest marketing email that came to me today.

Now I am confused  ???

DJPixelMan

A bit like the update of Phocus to 3.0.4. A very superficial upgrade that most of us would not even use or notice.

zineevo

Does anybody know where the Firmware Upgrade for the 100c went?

DJPixelMan

Beginning of October now...not a squeak of an update.

davidthescot

Following just received from Hasselblad

Hi David,

Thank you for your e-mail and taking the time to contact us.
We are working hard on the new firmware update and the plan is to release it within a couple of weeks.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

The Hasselblad Reception

Fingers crossed eh?

NickT

I've been in touch with them as well to ask them to get on to it so hopefully we'll see something soon.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

bernardl

I have been contacted early this week by Hasselblad Japan. They informed that the final firmware of the H6-100c had been released.

Since this is not public yet I assume it is a beta that may have functions implemented with more or less known issues that would be fixed in the coming weeks.

I hope to have the chance to play with a camera equipped with this firmware tomorrow.

Overall I am concerned by Hasselblad software abilities and it makes me wonder whether it is wise to proceed while P1 is releasing useful features at high pace.

Cheers,
Bernars

bernardl

Got to play with the H6D-100c with "final" firmware today. Much better than it was one month ago.

No major issue seen at all, just some slight difficulties focusing with the 50mm sometimes, none with the 100 and 120.

Overall pretty smooth. I was once again impressed by Truefocus.

I was authorised to use my SD card but requested not to share images yet.

Cheers,
Bernard

ganesh

I need to check the shutter count of an used HCD lens. On my H4D body, which I traded in for a H6D, I could simply navigate to system status >usage in the main menu, where I would find the actuations of the body and the attached lens. With the H6D however I am not able to find that information. All I get is an >about with informations on serial number and firmware of the camera.
Am I missing something - or is this function/feature still missing in the software?