B23 Repair Report

Previous topic - Next topic

Alastair Bird

I have a CF-39 from 2008 and I use and enjoy it very much. I have regularly looked into upgrading, but to be honest my clients don't have a problem with 'only' 39MP and no one is going to pay a premium for a bigger MP count or a newer camera, so the old H1 and the CF-39 continue to stomp along.

Recently I had some trouble with the back - random frames showing up, magenta banding - telltale signs of a Firewire issue. Swapping cables didn't help, nor did swapping cable ends or computers. The back worked just fine when writing to a card.

I sent a note to Jimmy at B23 (who are the guys Hasselblad sends you to when you have a boat-anchor such as mine) and his reply, upon hearing my complaints was, "I'm not sure I can fix it but I'll see what I can do and if I can't I won't charge you anything except shipping".

...good enough for me. FedEx took it off my hands and about 10 days later it was back. It took a little while for me to get around to testing it out, but it *appears* to work perfectly fine. I'm back in business, clinging to my obsolete equipment!

...and the best part? It cost about 200 Euro for the repair.

Highly recommended. I suggest emailing first to make sure they know what you're sending them and to make sure they can, in fact, work on the product but if you have an older piece of equipment that needs some love, these are your guys.

NickT

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Chris Gahran

Alastair,

Have you been able to further test your repaired CF-39? Is it working as it should?

I am hoping to send one my "boat-anchors" to B23 soon for a piezo calibration. (Jimmy at B23 replaced a scratched IR filter on one of my CF-22MS backs and did a wonderful job.)

Chris

whitesquare

I also would like to add my praises for Jimmy's work at B23.
He recently cleaned and calibrated my 384c, fixed my adaptor plate for my Mamiya 645 Pro and also installed an SSD drive in to my Image Bank!

Charles S

+1 for Jimmy. Repaired my V96C and imagebank

JOHN-x2d

As far as I know, JIMMY is still working at B23, which is really touching.