Hasselblad X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

haven't got it out yet, but I think it goes up to ISO 3200, that was the highest amplification on some of the files I shot recently on Auto ISO. Also, there is no specific setting yet for fine tuning the auto ISO setting as your may know from Nikonicans etc, like max. ISO, min. shutter time etc.
They say that these features will come in future firmwares...

NickT

I use auto ISO on my Nikon (with the ability to set minimum shutter speed) it's one of my favourite features for hand held shooting.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Buddy

there is also auto WB, works quite well I think so far...

KeithL

Quote from: NickT on January 18, 2017, 08:53:55 AM
I use Auot ISO on my Nikon (with the ability to set minimum shutter speed) it's one of my favourite features for hand held shooting.

It's also one of my favourite features on my Leicas. Hope Hasselblad incorporate the option to nail down personal auto ISO setting in future FW.

Still awaiting features before coming to a decision or commiting. 

hcubell

The LuLa review states that the X1D has "shutter lag" (I.e., a noticeable delay from the moment that the shutter button is depressed till the exposure is actually made). For those who own or have worked with the X1D, have you noticed this in shooting?

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Fuji has just announced the GFX50S. It even comes with an adapter (with tripod mount ) that will allow attachment of GX645AF lenses. I'm assuming that those lenses are interchangeable with H lenses. It looks like the competition has arrived.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

Buddy

Quote from: hcubell on January 19, 2017, 05:08:49 PM
The LuLa review states that the X1D has "shutter lag" (I.e., a noticeable delay from the moment that the shutter button is depressed till the exposure is actually made). For those who own or have worked with the X1D, have you noticed this in shooting?

Comparing to a professional Nikon (D5 or so) or Canon, then yes, there is a kind of shutter lag. But quite similar the larger H6 or probably any other MF cam. Example: I recently shot with a ballet dancer with high jumping using a H5D and after some initial trials I noticed that I must press the shot release well before she is in the highest position. Just bear in mind that these cams do have some disadvantages for high dynamic type of photography.

I think the X1D takes about 1/2 sec until the shot is taken; it takes about 1.5 sec until the LCD is ready for the next shot. I can try later to see when the flash is actually firing.

ganesh

It would seem, judging from the caption under the third image here » ... Camera: Hasselblad X1D-50c, Shutter Speed:1/160 second, Aperture:F/4, Focal Length:150 mm, ISO Speed:100 ...«
http://www.hasselblad.com/our-world/feature/peter-coulson-hasselblad-ambassador
that Peter Coulson is using the adapter for H lenses with his X1D. Anybody else had a chance to try one?

Cheers,
ganesh

xpixel

Camera: Hasselblad X1D-50c, Shutter Speed:1/160 second, Aperture:F/4, Focal Length:150 mm, ISO Speed:100 ...«

This information is not correct. He is using the 90mm lens. If you download the picture you can check the exif-data...

ganesh

Makes sense. Thanks xpixel.

hcubell

Quote from: jeff.grant@pobox.com on January 19, 2017, 07:52:07 PM
Fuji has just announced the GFX50S. It even comes with an adapter (with tripod mount ) that will allow attachment of GX645AF lenses. I'm assuming that those lenses are interchangeable with H lenses. It looks like the competition has arrived.

I am not aware that Hasselblad is offering a tripod collar with its HC lens adapter for the X1D. That's an unfortunate omission. A number of the HC lenses seem too big to use with the X1D on a tripod.

jeff.grant@pobox.com

My experience with the H is that any long lens needs a collar, as well as the zooms. It appears that the X1D and GFX50S are going to need H lenses for anything long. I must have been hibernating when the world decided that wide was all that was needed.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

Dan

Quote from: jeff.grant@pobox.com on January 21, 2017, 09:44:56 AM
My experience with the H is that any long lens needs a collar, as well as the zooms. It appears that the X1D and GFX50S are going to need H lenses for anything long. I must have been hibernating when the world decided that wide was all that was needed.

The 300 mm comes with a tripod mount that uses 2 "small thumb screws" to attach to the lens.

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Indeed it does, but the zooms, 150 and 210 don't and they are all heavy little devils.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

hcubell

Quote from: jeff.grant@pobox.com on January 21, 2017, 09:44:56 AM
There is nothing beyond 110mm on Fuji's lens roadmap. Hasselblad has said it intends to release 5 additional lenses in 2017, but no word on focal lengths. I have made extensive use of my HC 150 and 210, so I hope there are comparable X1D lenses coming.