Hasselblad X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithL

There were always those few clients who tried it on and wanted me to reduce the fee with the argument that I'd make it up on future jobs. My stock answer was I can't live on promises ;-)

NickT

Quote from: KeithL on December 22, 2016, 01:22:43 AM
As an aside, is it not possible to view contributors profiles here? If I click on a contributors name I get the message An Error Has Occurred! You are not allowed to access this section

Correct
This is a hangover from the days when this was a closed email list, members still have an expectation of privacy and that is honoured.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

jeff.grant@pobox.com

I don't suppose that you could stir Bro up to tell us what Hasselblad thinks the X1D is all about,Nick?
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

Bro

Hi Jeff!

The Hasselblad X1D is all about making medium format available to much wider photographer base. Hence, the aggressive price point, the very compact and lightweight camera body enabling higher portability, the intuitaibe UI for ease of use, etc.

Nevertheless, the Hasselblad X1D incorporates the very same new electronic platform and the 50MP CMOS medium format sensor just like the Hasselblad H6D-50c, delivering comparible high quality medium format photographs.

In analogue times, Hasselblad cameras were never that expensive that only top-end professionals could afford them. Many enthusiasts, semi-professionals, wedding and landscape photographers were able to own a Hasselblad. Hopefully the Hasselblad X1D will be able to fill that gap.

Cheers!

// Bro

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Thanks Bro, that makes a lot of sense. It occurred to me that the X1D could be the ideal landscape camera for old folk. Lugging an H around becomes progressively less attractive as one ages. I understand the desire to widen the customer base but I'm really sceptical about how handheld images are going to look which is what the advertising implies. Remembering back to when the D800 came out there was widespread outrage that you could barely use 36MP handheld.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

Buddy

I got mine today together with the 45mm lens. First in my area and third in the world (but this is not for sure though and also doesn't really matter though....).
Just a quick additional infos:
1. selection of various focus points works quite phantastic by the front and back wheel when in focus point selection modus (after pressing the top camera located focus button for little longer than a second or so). One can do this with looking at the live view LCD and also by touching the targeted focus point directly on the LCD. Moreover the selection with front/back wheel (normally for aperture and shutter selection) is also possible when looking through the viewfinder, meaning that one can do the change without having to take the eye away from the viewfinder. Quite nice IMO or actually: brilliant!
2. When looking at the live view LCD and manual focusing (rotating the lens jut a little) the LCD goes immediately to 100% for accurate focus acquisition and goes back to normal full view when stopping rotating the lens. Really smart feature, bravo Hasselblad! However, this feature can be put on or off in the menu.

That's all for now, she is charging....

cerett

Congratulations and enjoy! Still waiting for my 100c.

xpixel

Hi Buddy

What firmware version do you have on your X1D?

thomasvr71

Camera : v1.14.2-5428
Lens : v.0.5.3

xpixel

So you still have no GPS with this firmware...

thomasvr71

At the moment i don't nave gps enabled in my camera.

xpixel

In the early specification there was GPS built in - now it seems they have changed the spec for external GPS. In the actual user manual there is nothing about a GPS unit delivered with the camera. There was also focus peaking in the early spec - it seems gone (check for early spec: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/hasselblad-x1d/hasselblad-x1dDAT.HTM). An other little thing is you can't set the copyright settings in the camera.

NickT

The GPS unit is now a separate unit included in the purchase price. Focus peaking exists and will come in a firmware update.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Buddy

obviously only for paying members....who would pay for that? Anyways, I have the X1D in my hands, better than any reviews...

KeithL

Could some kind soul with the camera confirm the range of auto ISO setups?

TIA