H6D50>H6D100 upgrade

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Just letting you know that dues to delays with the 100MP sensor Hasselblad are offering upgrades from the 50 when the 100 becomes available at the cost difference:

The H6D has become an instant success with orders received worldwide and has far exceeded our expectations. The engaging media coverage and encouraging comments from our current and new users has been phenomenal!

Unfortunately due to the recent devastating earthquakes in Kumamoto, Japan, the suppliers of some components, including the 100MP sensor, have been affected.

To get the H6D into the hands of eager customers Hasselblad are offering a fantastic H6D-50c Trade-Up promotion.

Purchase the all new H6D-50c at the standard price and you will have the option to trade-up that camera to the H6D-100c for the difference in the recommended sales price (MRSP).

The H6D has a brand new electronic platform boasting super-fast image processing and faster shooting rates that can be sustained for longer than ever before. The 100MP option, delivers unmatched image quality and the ability to resolve the finest detail with all our HC & HCD lenses.

This unique offer of getting started with our all new H6D-50c will be valid until 31st October 2016.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Buddy

can one trade in a H5D-50c Wifi into the H6D-50c and pay the difference in cash and then lateron trade-up to the H6D-100? would that make sense?

NickT

Hi Buddy That would seem to make sense, what's the cost to go from H5D50>H6D50?
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Buddy

Quote from: NickT on May 18, 2016, 11:57:02 AM
Hi Buddy That would seem to make sense, what's the cost to go from H5D50>H6D50?

that is here about sfr. 16'500 (incl. VAT) plus another 7'000 for the later trade-up to the H6D-100c, totaling 23'500.
Alternatively, the trade-in of the H5D-50c directly into H6D-100c is about 22'400. The difference of around 1'000 is obviously the additional cost of having the new H6D-50c in the meantime. At the end the question will be how long does it really take for deliveries of the H6D-100c.

Buddy

Quote from: Bro on May 19, 2016, 12:13:55 AM
Hi Buddy,

The H6D-50c to H6D-100c trade-up promotion is valid only if you purchase H6D-50c at the standard price, i.e. not valid if you purchase H6D-50c using the very generous trade-in program.

// Bro

yes, probably you are right, I have seen that as well. Looking at my previous post I would anyway go for a direct trade-in and wait a bit should I make the decision for the upgrade to 100 MP. Before doing this we want to see the raw files such camera can produce, won't we? In addition, there is not much advantage between the current H5D-50c wifi and the new H6D-50c, same sensor, a bit faster and the new shutter sync (but that comes with additional costs due to the actual changing of the shutter on each or selected lenses), and video? who wants to shoot video with such a camera? don't know...what else? Touch screen, USB 3.0 (but I am not unhappy with the firewire 800, never had any problems tethering to my MBP so far) BUT the golden shutter release button: that makes the difference! ;D

Bro

Quote from: Buddy on May 19, 2016, 12:37:55 AM
Quote from: Bro on May 19, 2016, 12:13:55 AM
Hi Buddy,

The H6D-50c to H6D-100c trade-up promotion is valid only if you purchase H6D-50c at the standard price, i.e. not valid if you purchase H6D-50c using the very generous trade-in program.

// Bro

yes, probably you are right, I have seen that as well. Looking at my previous post I would anyway go for a direct trade-in and wait a bit should I make the decision for the upgrade to 100 MP. Before doing this we want to see the raw files such camera can produce, won't we? In addition, there is not much advantage between the current H5D-50c wifi and the new H6D-50c, same sensor, a bit faster and the new shutter sync (but that comes with additional costs due to the actual changing of the shutter on each or selected lenses), and video? who wants to shoot video with such a camera? don't know...what else? Touch screen, USB 3.0 (but I am not unhappy with the firewire 800, never had any problems tethering to my MBP so far) BUT the golden shutter release button: that makes the difference! ;D

Hi again,

It looks like the campaign is also valid for upgrading the H6D-50c camera to H6D-100c also if the customer used the trade-in program. The customer then would need to pay the difference what he/she should have done in the first place for purchasing H6D-100c.

// Bro

Buddy

at the end of the official H statement on the website is:

"Please Note: An H6D-50c purchased on the Trade-In program is not valid for this offer".

Therefore, no Trade-In + Trade-Up unfortunately...

Well, well...no bypass via the H6D-50c for me for sure; there is just not enough value added over a H5D-50c. But for someone who wants / can spend over 34 grants at the end it is for sure a valid offer: get the H6D-50c now fast and later upon availability switch to the 100c for a total cash outflow of the 100c same as purchased the 100c outright.

Bro

Quote from: Buddy on May 19, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

"Please Note: An H6D-50c purchased on the Trade-In program is not valid for this offer".

Well, well...no bypass via the H6D-50c for me for sure; there is just not enough value added over a H5D-50c. But for someone who wants / can spend over 34 grants at the end it is for sure a valid offer: get the H6D-50c now fast and later upon availability switch to the 100c for a total cash outflow of the 100c same as purchased the 100c outright.

Hi Buddy,

The note is an error and will be removed very shortly. If you have an H5D-50c the total amount you would need to pay is 17 500 EUR, even if you are going to first upgrade to H6D-50c and then to H6D-100c.

// Bro

Buddy

but the more I am thinking about this now, it really doesn't make much sense for a business oriented company like Hasselblad. Because with the non-existing Trade-IN plus Trade-UP they would generate in total around 1'000 more than the Trade-in into a H6D-100c directly when available.

I have calculated this using official dealer pricings and the official Trade-In programs for trading in a H5D-50c and also my "kind of obsolete" H5D-40.

Maybe a business analyst from H is reading this which leads to a rethinking of that strategy (because the market is always right, not the companies offering's)

Buddy

Hey Bro brother, good news!

see my later post which I wrote during yours (haven't seen yours before posting mine)...

I am in!

why do you know this so fore sure? are you a H employee or something like that?

Bro

Quote from: Buddy on May 19, 2016, 08:36:01 PM
but the more I am thinking about this now, it really doesn't make much sense for a business oriented company like Hasselblad. Because with the non-existing Trade-IN plus Trade-UP they would generate in total around 1'000 more than the Trade-in into a H6D-100c directly when available.

I have calculated this using official dealer pricings and the official Trade-In programs for trading in a H5D-50c and also my "kind of obsolete" H5D-40.

Maybe a business analyst from H is reading this which leads to a rethinking of that strategy (because the market is always right, not the companies offering's)

As mentioned, the price of H6D-100c with trading in your H5D-50c is 17 500 EUR. This price is the same no matter if choose to trade in your H5D-50c to H6D-100c and wait for it when it becomes available, or if you use the unique opportunity to first get the H6D-50c for 12 500 EUR and then pay the difference of 5 000 EUR when you upgrade to H6D-100c.

// Bro

Buddy

Quote from: Bro on May 19, 2016, 08:35:03 PM

Hi Buddy,

The note is an error and will be removed very shortly. If you have an H5D-50c the total amount you would need to pay is 17 500 EUR, even if you are going to first upgrade to H6D-50c and then to H6D-100c.

// Bro

No. your number is definitely wrong. The total cost of a H6D-100c after trading in a H5D-50c is around 25k either directly or via that trade-in trade-up program.

Buddy

aah...your numbers are Euro and without VAT. My numbers are swissis and include VAT (which I have to pay as well)...anyways will ask my dealer for an offer...

Bro

Quote from: Buddy on May 19, 2016, 08:46:07 PM
Quote from: Bro on May 19, 2016, 08:35:03 PM

Hi Buddy,

// Bro

No. your number is definitely wrong. The total cost of a H6D-100c after trading in a H5D-50c is around 25k either directly or via that trade-in trade-up program.

Hi Buddy,

Please have a look here: http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h6d-trade-in-program/

MRSP excl VAT of H6D-100c is 28900 EUR
MRSP excl VAT of H6D-100c with H5D-50c as trade-in is 28900 - 11400 = 17500 EUR (price with direct trade-in or trade-in via first getting H6D-50c and then paying the rest)

// Bro

Buddy

Quote from: Bro on May 19, 2016, 08:41:37 PM
Quote from: Buddy on May 19, 2016, 08:36:01 PM

As mentioned, the price of H6D-100c with trading in your H5D-50c is 17 500 EUR. This price is the same no matter if choose to trade in your H5D-50c to H6D-100c and wait for it when it becomes available, or if you use the unique opportunity to first get the H6D-50c for 12 500 EUR and then pay the difference of 5 000 EUR when you upgrade to H6D-100c.

// Bro

this seems not to correct either to me: there is a difference of around 1'000 because the trade-in amount into a H6D-50c is around 1'000 lower than the respective trade-in amount into a H6D-100c. Or do you think they give you the higher amount by trading-in into the H6D-50c first? I don't think so.