Tether Cable for H4D-50

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

I have made several unsuccessful attempts to purchase tether cables recently but most cables do not fit the H4D-50. Even the Hasselblad H5d cable does not fit the H4d. LINDY used to make cables that fit the Hasselblad but they have since ceased. Can anyone recommend a source for cables that will work  ???

Hassilistic

jerome_m

??? Cheap no-name cables of dubious asian origin actually work pretty well.  ???

paulgrundy

I use a Belkin 1.8m cable plugged into a Lindy 5m repeater.

On location this set up lets me unplug the laptop at the repeater (it works like an extension lead) leaving the Belkin cable always plugged into the camera and secured to the tripod head. So easy to move the camera/tripod around.
Paul Grundy

NickT

Quote from: brian on January 11, 2016, 04:06:23 AM
I have made several unsuccessful attempts to purchase tether cables recently but most cables do not fit the H4D-50. Even the Hasselblad H5d cable does not fit the H4d. LINDY used to make cables that fit the Hasselblad but they have since ceased. Can anyone recommend a source for cables that will work  ???

By "not fit" do you mean the end is too big? You can trim down the end of a cable with a sharp knife if so...
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

brian

Yes, it is too thick to fit - I will try the trimming suggestions :-\

brian

Dustbak

Hasselblad sells cables that fit the H4. I have bought those before. They have a grey connector where as the cables for the H5 have a black connector. The cable have an angled connector, are not cheap but they are also not too thick and are of very good quality!

Get in touch with a dealer near you and he should probably be able to sell you some (I bought 2 of each).

It is getting harder and harder to find good firewire cables :(