CF2 Wishlist

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustbak

In addition to the H4 wish list I figured I would put up a CF line wishlist. To be frank I prefer the CF line over the H3 because of its flexibilty with the adapter plate system. I would like to see these for starters;

1) 3" screen, preferably like the Nikons
2) Firewire port at the bottom of the back, so I don't have to buy another firewire cable every 6 or so months
3) A bit faster framerate, 1bps would be a big improvement maybe with a solid state memory solution added like Sinar does.
4) A better histogram that can also show separate channels along with RGB

The capability to use the 28 and other dedicated digital lenses already has been promised with an upgrade and the H2F otherwise it would be on this list as well.

5) a wild idea, a flex/arcbody like solution that can use HC lenses. This would probably eliminate my wish for a T/S lens or a P3 (at least for the moment).

I would have loved the screen mentioned under nr. 1 to be a touch screen (with better viewing quality than the Leaf) with the same kind of white balance picking capabilities and histogram as the Leaf.

I am sure more ideas are there but these are the ones that do pop-up. I hope other CF users can add.

Alastair Bird

How about a Pocket Wizard transmitter in the back, so I don't have to mount a PW on the hot shoe of my V-series with the wire going to the back? 

Dustbak

Another one;

30 minute exposures would be nice as well. Considering P1 uses the same sensor in its backs it should be not to far fetched.

One more;

A 31MP sensor with microlenses, a CF31.

Dustbak

Another thing I was thinking about.

Now the adapter plates get attached to the CF back. It would be nice if the adapter could be fixed to the body. This way you can leave the adapter on the body and switch more easily. Another advantage would be that whenever some shimming is necessary you can do it per body and leave it on.

Dustbak

I also would like to have a bracketing function where I can set the bracketing in more than 1 stop. Eg. 1 stop over/under, 2 stops over/under and even 3stops over/under.

Dustbak

I just received my CF39MS. very happy with it but  I do have a struggle with its thickness. I look through my left eye which means my nose is pressed on the back.

Several wishes I see that would make my working experience even more pleasurable.

1) Let me be able to turn of the display of the back totally from the software. Now it turns on now & than which is a nuisance when doing critical focus.
2) Move the freaking FW chassis to the bottom!

Stonemonkey

Let's not forget that the CF backs have a lousy ISO range, 400 is horrifying. This should be a pretty easy Firmware update seeing how others have done better with the same chip.

Dustbak

Get the latest firmware if you have a CF39. It will bring your max ISO to 800.

Stonemonkey

I have a CF22 with a second generation chip. Phase and Leaf got 800 ISO using the same chip but Blad can't figure it out (or won't put in the effort).

Dustbak

True and I agree. ISO800 was promised for the CF22 as well. Kind of a shame that fell through.

BTW, Leaf uses a different sensor for its Aptus22 & Valeo22, eg. a Dalsa. The ISO range for these 22's are 25-400. Not 800. Phase uses the same Kodak sensor in its P25 but I don't know what the max ISO is with that thing. I have owned the Leafs but not the Phase.

Stonemonkey

You are right I stand corrected.

jungwy73