New Mac mini... OK to run Phocus?

Previous topic - Next topic

yongsikshin

Nowadays I'm thinking of getting a new Mac for home but those Macbook pros and Macpros are outrageously expensive in Korea due to deep-sea plummeted Korean won...

So I thought my best bet would be getting a mid-range IMac. But when I checked out Apple last time, they released new Mac-mini...

Do you think I could run Phocus if I buy Mac-mini with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics card? Perhaps it's more expensive than mid-range IMac after satisfying all those Phocus system requirements?

Penny for a thought, please.

NickT

I would doubt it, I think you'd do much better with a refurbished Imac.. Failing that you could look at a second hand Macpro but put a good graphics card in it. Barefeats.com is good for comparing performance.
HTH
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

yongsikshin

Quote from: NickT on March 26, 2009, 07:32:44 AM
I would doubt it, I think you'd do much better with a refurbished Imac.. Failing that you could look at a second hand Macpro but put a good graphics card in it. Barefeats.com is good for comparing performance.
HTH
Nick-T

Thanks a bunch for good information. Another sleepless night wandering 'round e-bay ahead... :(

Salian

A new Mac mini was launched last week here in the UK.

With the upgraded processor and 4 gigs of memory I'd be surprised if it was slow.

Download the software at the Apple store and check speeds.

yongsikshin

I tried adding up here and there, then new mac mini is USD 1,296... and I didn't even add the monitor yet.

Some say you can use mac mini for web server, but I'm not that fluent in web hosting and stuff.. I suppose I'd be better off with Imac with only necessarry component upgrade. Then I still have a year of 2001 model Imac sleepin' in my closet...Is anybody know how should I dump this heap of junk?