Phocus 2.6.6 on Intel Macs

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Gahran

1)  I have one Intel Mac Pro on which Phocus works very well.

2)  I have an identical Intel Mac Pro that does not run Phocus well. One of the symptoms of the poorly running Phocus is the Tab Key does not cycle through any fields. Quitting Phocus does not restore the Tab Key. The machine felt sluggish and clicking on Thumbnails did not always load the image in the Viewer window. This machine does not go on the internet and is a dedicated shooting platform. A Repair Permissions came up with 28 Warnings: SUID file "USR/BIN...", "USR/LIB/...", "USR/LIBEXEC/...", "USR/SBIN/..." saying it "has been modified and will not be repaired."

3)  Further today on location my Intel iMac would not shoot a 1-shot after doing three 4-shot images. A dialog box came up saying that this is not supported. I had three Firewire errors. My iMac has a lot of stuff on it and does go on the internet.

I'm running OSX 10.6.8 on all machines. CF-22MS digital backs on V-System cameras.

I'm guessing I need to reformat hard drives and re-install everything.

Chris

NickT

Quote from: Chris Gahran on February 24, 2015, 06:24:11 PM

I'm guessing I need to reformat hard drives and re-install everything.

Chris

feels like that.

I do clean installs on new machines these days and use a Password manager to look after all the serial numbers which makes things much easier.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Chris Gahran

Nick,

You're using PS CC, I believe, but I only use software on DVDs so serial numbers are in hand when installing. I'm not sure I need a password manager.

Do you allow Macs used for shooting to go on the Internet? I don't mean laptops but workstations in your studio. I keep an iMac for uploading to the Internet but my two Intel Macs are kept stripped down and Internet access turned off. I still employ the old school lean and mean workstation theory. If the Internet iMac crashes or locks up (which rarely happens) I deal with it when I can but continue using the workstation.

Chris

NickT

Hi Chris
Yes I'm running CC but you still need a record of your Adobe log in.
My workstation is logged into the internet but doesn't do much else, i have a separate mac for admin iTunes etc etc.

Since the Adobe hack i've beefed up security so all my passwords are unique (using the manager).
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano