3rd party release cable

Previous topic - Next topic

raffa

would you recommend a compatible release cable for an H4D?
some years ago when I worked at a local studio we had an original one that broke early. it was functioning but the case would split open and we had to glue it.
so I was wondering about a 3rd party cable and I found this:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Telecomando-Macchina-Fotografica-Con-Filo-per-HASSELBLAD-H-H1-H2-H2D-H1D-/191117213848?pt=Accessori_per_Digitali&hash=item2c7f794098

would that be OK?

NickT

I would say it will work just fine. A few years back I bought a Chinese made wireless remote off eBay for about $12 and it has worked perfectly.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

raffa

jerome_m

Hasselblad H cameras use a 2.5mm jack for the remote plug. The same standard is used by Canon on their lower end cameras, so any remote advertised for Canon cameras with 3 figures (300, 350, 400, etc...) will work including the cheapest Chinese stuff and also radio triggers, intervalometers, etc.

It will work, but the original Hasselblad remote uses a straight plug while all other remotes I could find use a 90° bent plug. The straight plug is much easier to access in the limited space between the camera and battery and does not obstruct the depth of field preview button that is placed under the remote socket. Basically, plugin in a third party remote requires the user to remove the battery. So third party remotes work but are mildly inconvenient.

jerome_m

desertdiver

[The straight plug is much easier to access in the limited space between the camera and battery and does not obstruct the depth of field preview button that is placed under the remote socket. Basically, plugin in a third party remote requires the user to remove the battery. So third party remotes work but are mildly inconvenient.
[/quote]

I agree here when it comes to removing the plug, but for plugging in there always gets the rubber plug in the way (at least with my cameras). So the most convenient way to access is removing the battery grip. And in this case it doesn't matter then if the remote has got a straight or elbow plug.

BTW when using the HTS1.5 I do find it more convenient to use a remote with an elbow plug just like on the Canon remote. And the ability to put the pre-view button's function on any other accessible button makes the elbow plug a no-brainer.

Although I prefer the elbow plug I have to say the best crafted remote is the Hasselblad remote.

Just my 0.02  ;)

Regards,
Udo

cerett

The one by Vello works just great.