New to me 384 ixpress but no manual

Previous topic - Next topic

EH21

Hi,
I picked up a 2nd hand ixpress 384 and an adapter for it to fit my Rollei 6008 AF camera.   I can't seem to find any manuals for the ixpress on the hasselblad site. Maybe someone can help me get this up and running? Or point me to a manual?    I fit the 384 to the adapter with the 4 screws and mounted on the camera.  A paper in the adapter box says not to use any cables with the 6008 AF?    Okay so the back comes on and when connected to the image bank the camera won't fire.  I connected the back to the imagebank and image bank to my computer and started flexcolor.  I got a message about upgrading firmware which I think went okay, but I don't know if this was for the imagebank or the back.     But I can't operate the camera from the computer within flexcolor or from the camera's own controls.   I can turn on live view from flexcolor and the back seems to do something - like a fan is operation or something but I only get grey in the flexcolor screen.     I tried Phocus and it tells me I need the black calibration files?   I see from another thread here I need to shoot some files into the imagebank, but how can I do that when the camera is not firing?     What about that cable that the adapter box says I should not connect?  It's a fat cable that would fit between the bottom of the back to the camera.  I see there are two smaller connections on the side of the ixpress but guess these are for sync?  Shouldn't need that.   
What am I doing wrong to not be able to shoot directly into the imagebank?  Also the ixpress seems to have some shutter speed value settings in it. I hope I don't have to set the shutter speed there for just shooting into the imagebank?

Sorry for all the questions - can any one send me a link to a manual?
THanks,
Eric

Dustbak

Eric,

Just checked the PDF for the Ixpress132/528 (basically the same as the 96/384). It mentions 2 different adapters. The Rollei AF Adapter as well as the Rollei adapter. The latter needs the exposure cable when used with the 6008AF. It could be you have the latter (which from the looks of it has no contacts)?

Sorry, I cannot be of more help to you. I only use the Rollei adapter with the X-act and not the 600x series. I am sure someone else here can help you further.

Regards,
Ray

Monty Rakusen

The 384 is an old back isn't it? If it is I think your solution may be simple. Plug the image bank into the digital back, then plug the firewire into your computer after you have started up Flexcolour. Go to Preferences in Flexcolour and select Rollei AF. In fact you can select the camera on the back but I can't remember the exact way. This may be the solution. Also you may need shims to get the focus right.

Monty Rakusen

Sorry I'm not at a computer with flex on it at the mo.