H3DII Auto Focus adjustment

Previous topic - Next topic

citizin

My Hasselblad's auto focus always seems to be a little to close focused, is there a way to adjust it without having to send it in?  I was hoping I could adjust it a little bit in a service menu, or alignment screws like the ground glass if possible.

Dustbak

No there is not. HB is taking pride in something called ultra focus, meaning that body and back are meticulously alligned to each other. This is not something that can be readjusted by the end-user. Focus errors most of the time end up being user errors but in the odd case there really is something wrong you better send it in and have it repaired.

citizin

I fixed it, I knew they are very meticulous about their focus.  I was hoping that there was just a way to do it in software, but it's all mechanical.

To adjust the manual focus there's small alignment screws on either side of the ground glass, and if the lens goes past infinity there's alignment screws under the real barrel,  I knew alignment screws for the AF sensor has to be somewhere.  After removing the tripod mount/bottom base plate, there's two holes with recessed t3 on either side of the tripod screw hole. 

I turned them 1/16th rotation, re-assembled, mounted, tested, it was was closer.  Repeated these steps till it was perfect.

I do not recommend anyone to do this. but it worked for me, and after a few shoots if issues come up I'll post an update.