Lens compatibilities with Flexcolor

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Hi all,

Is there a list or resource which indicates which Hasselblad lenses are compatible with Flexcolor (I'm currently using vers 4.8.9) insomuch as whether they receive DAC or not (and one has to to calibrate manually)?

My concern is whether newer lenses like the HCD35-90 or HC120mmII lenses would be recognised by the software. If not, is there a recognised process for calibrating them?

Thanks in advance & apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.

Alex

NickT

It's been so long since I've used Flexcolor I wasn't even ware it did lens corrections!
Why do you not want to use Phocus?
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Paul Claesson

Alex,

DAC (Digital Auto Correction) was implemented in Flexcolor for the HC lenses.
If you have newer lenses such as the HCD 24, 28, 50 II, 120 II and 35-90mm you will need to use Phocus to take advantage of DAC. Phocus also provides corrections for Extension tubes, HTS 1.5 and Macro converter.
Phocus 2.8.2 is available for Mac and PC.
Paul Claesson
Orbitvu USA
Former Hasselblad Employee

NickT

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Alex

Sorry for the slow reply - newborn baby came along (early) ;-)

OK thanks Paul for clarifying Flexcolor's range non DAC compatible lenses.

The reason for my queries about Flexcolor is I'm looking at trying out & maybe buying a 528C back for doing (16x) microstep captures for 10x8 / 80MP quality repro work (which Phocus doesn't support - only in Multishot 4x which I have already covered).

Do you think Nick  (& Chris) Phocus SO much better that it'd be waste of time working with this back for doing Repro work - the only other Multishot option I have atmo is looking at the Sinars.

Thanks,

Alex