H3D II going through FW to Thunderbolt problem !!!!!!!

Previous topic - Next topic

mattseed

Hi guys i am using a H3DII going through a 5 metre FW cable through a Firewire to Thunderbolt adaptor into a brand new mac book pro that i just bought. All firmware and software is up to date.

i was on a commercial shoot yesterday and after a few shots the screen on the camera says "storage medium missing" and the whole thing freezes, the digital back says "firewire 9005 restart camera"

i have two fire wires the same and it does it with both, and both these fire wires work fine shooting to my mac tower so i am guessing its something to do with the thunderbolt adaptor. I know there was this whole topic about the power that comes out of thunderbolt ports but i can't seem to find a definitive answer on this. maybe that isn't the problem, i don't know.

is anyone else experiencing anything similar. its worrying me as i have a 2 day fashion shoot starting first thing Monday morning that i am supposed to be using this on.

Any help would be very much appreciated guys.
Matthew
www.mspstudio.co.uk

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Try using shorter firewire cables and see if that helps, there can be a problem with long firewire cables.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk