AF Problem ID:82:1

Previous topic - Next topic

mkp

hello all,
i got a problem with one of my h1s. it shows 'AF Problem ID:82:1' all of a sudden and won't let me shoot.
without the lens attached, the shutter seems to be working but the mirror locks up after each clicks.
as soon as i attach the lens, the shutter doesn't work.
i updated the firmware and the version is 9.5.0/14.0.0.
please HELP!!!
thank you in advance,
matt

NickT

Hi Matt
Does the camera work in manual focus mode? I suspect your going to need to send it to New Jersey for repair.
Cheers
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

mkp

hi Nick,
thanks for your reply.
i really can't see anything but black because the mirror gets locked up.
someone in a different thread mentioned the damaged 'tripod bush' might be causing the problem.
do you know what that means?
thanks!

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

The error message you are getting is probably because the mirror is flipping up. Error messages are just reports of symptoms and not a diagnosis of the fault so it is possible for different faults to produce similar error messages. In this case your camera is saying that the AF does not work so it may be that it cannot see or it cannot communicate. A VERY badly damaged tripod bush has been known to produce the same message but it is very unlikely to be the problem.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

mkp

hello Douglas,
thank you very much for your reply.
like you said, the mirror is up and doesn't want to come down.
it makes sense the AF doesn't work because it can't see due to the mirror position.
would you be able to tell me how to set/bring the mirror to the normal position?

best,
matt

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Hi Matt,
It is probably the mirror drive unit that has developed a fault. Speak to Hasselblad/Bron in New Jersey and they will be able to sort it out for you. Please say hello from me.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

mkp

i see. i'll call them on monday and say hello for you.
thanks so much and have a good weekend!