28mm + Grads

Previous topic - Next topic

brooklyn

Hi Guys,

I've just got my H4D-50 with the 28mm and 35-90mm Lenses, but I'm experiencing some serious vignetting on both lenses with my Lee Filter system. It all stems from the retainer ring and I knew this was totally to be expected on a large chip, but I'm wondering if anyone has a solid, proven solution to put ND Grads and other filters on this system without vignetting?
I'm open to all ideas, but I figure someone must have done this before!
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Happy shooting -
brooklyn

jeff.grant@pobox.com

I have a custom made Lee 95mm adapter that fits on the hood bayonet that is now surplus to requirements. PM me to discuss, if you are interested.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

Richard M

I have the same setup and I find myself either holding the filter against the lens (having taken off the hood) thus eliminating vignetting, or sometimes using blutac to hold it in place. I have quite big hands and find holding a ND grad in the right position reasonably easy, with a bit of practice. The results from either option are good but both take practice and can be fiddly. And if you are trying to use multiple filters .....well you get the picture.
I have a Lee filter SW-150 set for a Nikon 14-24 and the last time I spoke to Lee they said that they would be rolling out further attachments so that the system could be used on other lenses. I don't know if that is now actually the case.
Regards
Richard

meshuggener

+1 for blutack (patafix in France  ;D )
www.matantoniassi.com
www.facebook.com/matantoniassi

SteveK

I am using a Rodenstock 95mm polar filter with the HC28 and I do not experience any of your problems. the filter has to be quite "slim". Cheap filters are typically not slim enough for wideangles.

HC28D with 95mm polar filter: