Battery Status Question

Previous topic - Next topic

Drchevalier

Hey folks,

I have three batteries for my H4D-40.  All appear to charge fully, although one seems to deplete pretty quickly so I will follow the forum guidance on a rest.  What is odd is that one of the others does not display the battery status when installed and the battery check button is pressed.  I press the button with the other two and the grip tells me approximate percentage charge remaining.  When this one is installed the display shows me the camera status including firmware versions etc.  Nice information to be sure but I cannot figure out why I cannot determine the charge level in the battery from the grip.  Plainly I am doing something wrong, although I use the same process for each battery.

Thanks in advance!

Ross

Domip

I have this also. Like to know the solution...  ???

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

The small gold connection pin on the battery pack may be faulty, not making connection to the camera.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

meshuggener

Did you buy these 3 batteries new ? Did you clean the gold pins and the camera contacts with alcohol ?
www.matantoniassi.com
www.facebook.com/matantoniassi

Drchevalier

All batteries were bought new at the same time.  I will do the cleaning tip today.  Interesting when I do the H battery reset process with the offending battery it clicks, not beeps.

Drchevalier

Thanks to all.  After cleaning the connections with alcohol and jiggling the pin referred to by Douglas, it protruded from the battery a bit more and now I get a charge indicator when it is attached to the grip.  Now to charge it for 12 hours and attempt a reset again.

Domip

meshuggener

www.matantoniassi.com
www.facebook.com/matantoniassi