lost 3f files

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin H

Hi A bit of a major problem. I've lost a whole 8gb card of images. When I shot I reviewed all the images & they were visible on the back ( 39 H3) when we went to dow load there was nothing there at all. An empty hasselblad file ( which means the card was formated in the correct way.?) I've run data rescue II & it can't see them...I don't have the correct fff plug in for DRII but these are 3f files...any help greatly appreciated!! cheers colin
other info OSx 10.5
All other cards were fine 8 in total
flexcolour 4.8.8

alexkent

did DataRescueII find anything at all ? (if it found images but not the correct ones, that's important)

Colin H

Hi
Data rescue found some very old nef & jpgs from a nikon shoot nothing else.
It was formatted to H3 use many times since then.
Thanks for getting in touch!
colin

PH

Hi Colin
I think I've read that you have to ask dat rescue 11 to look for tifs and then the images will come up. I say I think, cos I haven't done this but I'm sure I've read this somewhere. Good luck
Paul

Colin H

Hi
after going back through my archive of flexframe form emails I realised that I needed extra files from data rescue which were supplied very quickly by email. these recognise the fff format which isn't normally available in the standard application.   i've just run It & sucessfully recovered 70 of the "deleted" ( that's my guess) files & they've shown up as NEF files with black preview images. These seem to be some sort of nikon amalgamation & can't be read by CS3 but I've managed to then run them through silkypics & now have workable tif files......... phewwwwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa!!!
So a lesson learned.... data recovery is fantastic at recovering 3f files.
cheers... off for a big beer ( 24 hours of panic over!)
colin

alexkent