Rollei XAct 2 and CF39 BAck

Previous topic - Next topic

CliffS

I'm just wondering if anyone is using a Rollei XAct 2 with a Hasselblad 39 Back I'm having a problem with the battery saver setting in the lens controller in that when it is switched on and allows the lens controller to go to sleep (shooting tethered) I'll go hit the capture button in Phocus (or FlexColour) and the controller fails to wake, giving me a black image.
I thought it might be a software glitch but Hasselblad have run tests per my request and found no problems.
The same problem occurred with another back supplied to me for testing and I have run out of ideas.

Tim Read

Hi Cliff

I use the XAct 2 with an Ixpress back and I gave up using batteries a few years ago because they were driving me crazy. I now use a power adaptor which means the battery save function can be disabled and the Lens controller never switches off half way through a multi shot because the batteries have died.  In fact my batteries are completely dead now and will not recharge.  Not sure where you can get a mains unit from these days though.

Tim

CliffS

Hi Tim,
thanks for that. I didn't know there even was an adaptor. I'll make enquiries

cheers

Cliff