Using the on-board flash together with remote

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustbak

A particular thing that I never encountered (mostly because I never tried). I normally use my H2 together with an Elinchrom skyport and flashes. Yesterday I suddenly felt the need for just the tiniest of fill-in. Figuring I also have an on-board flash on the H I tried to use that to come to the conclusion it doesn't work when there is 'something' in the flash shoe.

Is there any way to circumvent this (I guess there is not but not asking is not knowing ;) )? I realize it is kind of a weird question but on occassion it can be very helpful to flip-up the on-board flash and get some fill. It beats the hell out of setting up a screen or having someone to hold up one :)

NickT

The only time I've ever used the built in flash was when I forgot a sync lead and used it to trigger my pack via slave :)
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Dustbak

That is basically the only time I ever use my built-in flash  ;D

This time I could not do that because in the adjacent rooms there were other photographers working. I had to use the Elinchrom remotes otherwise I could have used the 'eyes of the flashes' and trigger them with the built-in flash.