victorbyhasselblad.com

Previous topic - Next topic

s.agar

When I bought the camera, the coupon for 1 year free subscription to victorbyhasselblad.com was a nice surprise.
I started the subscription right away, and the 1/2008 issue was one of the best publications of its kind.

As with many other things, Hasselblad was silent thereafter,  and my subscription expired as of today. Just one magazine?
I hope nobody made paid subscription.

In the meantime, there was one "special issue" for Photokina, which I did not receive.
Naturally I sent a mail then, and got my reply that the special issue is not covered by the paid subscription, and that I had to pay for it additioanally.

Funny?? It may seem so at first.. But it's not! It's not something expected from a company with the Hasselblad name. Just one issue for a subscription? Weird.

My wish is to see Hasselblad as the continuation of the Hasselblad I know from the past, (being a collector too).
I want to have the promised high ISO too (1600 ISO for the 31 MP DB) and a better firmware as well.
The camera is almost getting to be obsolete, and Hasselblad is not caring too much, as far as it can be seen from this end.

Best regards,

Seyhun

H3DII, M8, Canon 5DII, NEX-3 
Camera collector, over 500 items.
http://seyhun.com/

Eivind Røhne

I've also had some issues (no pun intended) with the Victor subscription. I actually subscribed to Hasselblads "Forum" magazine (Victors predecessor), and I had just renewned that subscription when they cancelled the magazine and launched Victor instead. I was then promised/offered (in writing) that this payment would be carried over to their new magazine Victor. Well it never was, and beeing an eager Hasselblad fan, I paid for Victor (so it was quite expensive in the end...). In short; I don't subscribe anymore. With so few mags coming out, they could send it to us for free. We've paid for the most expensive camera system in the world. keep us updated! I get a free Nikon Pro magazine quite often for bying a camera that cost 1/25 of my Blad. I know that magazine is not the same standard as Victor, but you get my point...
Cheers,
Eivind Rohne

Web: www.beyondtheice.no

Richard M

I too have been wondering just how many issues a Victor Subscription should be supplying. I have subscribed from the beginning and can understand why it is necessary to purchase it-the quality is superb and the size does justice to the photographs. I am fairly certain that each time I have renewed for "X" magazines I always have to re-subscribe before "X" has been reached. However because receiving a copy is so infrequent and my memory of dates not great I can't be absolutely certain that my subscription is being 'underfilled'. There have been numerous online versions of Victor recently and whilst I don't expect each one to make it to print there have been one or two that I think would have been stunning.
So I have emailed Victor for information and needless to say in this age of instant communication I am still waiting for a reply.
Regards
Richard