Good bye V

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralf Mueller

It is official now, Hasselblad discontinued the last V system left in the portfolio,
http://press.hasselblad.com/press-releases/2013/2013-04-29_vsystem-discontinued.aspx

Sad day somehow, although i'm a H user since 2008, i still love my 503 and SWC.
All the best to Hasselblad, hope that someday they have something to offer for me again.

Regards,
Ralf

davidthescot

You know I think of the V system in the same way as a Porsche or Ferrari.  Most of those cars are still going and will continue for a very long time.  The fact that Hasselblad have stopped making the camera does not mean that 50 years of production is suddenly going to vanish or that independent digital back dealers will stop supporting the V interface.  If they had relied on sales of new cameras they would have given up years ago.

I think we still be seeing these cameras being used world wide for a very very long time.

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Quote from: davidthescot on April 30, 2013, 08:51:59 PM
The fact that Hasselblad have stopped making the camera does not mean that 50 years of production is suddenly going to vanish or that independent digital back dealers will stop supporting the V interface. 
I think we still be seeing these cameras being used world wide for a very very long time.
Well said. I will be doing my best to keep these cameras working as new for as long as possible. Meaning that I will stop working before they do. ;)
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk