Phocus 2.6.6 on 32bit Mac - No histogram or RGB readouts

Previous topic - Next topic

JB

Hi All

We're having a few problems with our H3d II 39 files. The problem is generally no histogram and no RGB readout, but also sometimes no main image either, whether we toggle the Lens Adjustments on or off, and when neutralising image it goes green.

Looking into the problem I realise our studio Mac is one of the first Intel Macs, which as I understand is only 32bit (hence we can't update it to Mountain Lion) and has the dreaded GeForce 7300 GT 256MB video card. That said the camera and software worked fine up to the end of last year, though I can't remember exactly which version it was best on - probably either 2.6.6. or 2.6.7 if the latter worked?

Now, here's the thing, we trialled a 200MS from Hasselblad UK over the Christmas period and no doubt that's when we updated the software, probably to 2.7 that was available at that time. Since then we used the 39 extensively in January but we've not really used it much since, but last week when I used it I suffered the problems above. Without reading the readme's I downloaded 2.7.1 and today 2.7.2, and since reading the readme's today I realise that not only no software beyond 2.6.6 is suitable for 32bit machines, but that there was a problem with 2.7 that affected the colour on the H3D II 39.Would this still hangover despite reverting to older software?

What I can't fathom is that if it worked OK before what has changed now (apart from having to turn off Lens Adjustments)? I've disposed of prefs etc and repaired permissions and used 2.6.6. I've also checked the camera on a more later machine and it all works fine under 2.6.6 and 2.7.2. I'd prefer not to have to update the studio Mac just yet, since - fingers crossed - new desktops are on their way from Apple, so would really help to find and answer.

Another note is I updated the firmware to 2.3.1 today but have run the R267 update since it was released.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Thanks in advance.

Jason