Firmware Installation Problem

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Naismith

I'm trying to install the latest firmware on my H4D-50. Version CB130308.hbf. I disconnect the lens and viewfinder, connect the camera and go into Phocus and go to Update Firmware. I then go to whre the file CB130308.hbf is and open it. There there is a confirmation message asking if I want to install the firmware and I click on that.

Then I get a message Error when activating the camera! Reply timeout.

This happens every time I try installing the firmware. Please help if you can.

All the best.

Richard Naismith

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Check that your battery is FULLY charged.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

Richard Naismith

Thank you Douglas. Actually the problem was that this update cannot be done from a laptop, but only from a desktop. Fortunately I have a desktop with Firewire 800 so I was able to do it. As soon as we connected everything went very smoothly.

I had tried with my laptop a number of times, without success. I have 4 batteries and recharged each one and tried with each. I even did the battery reset trick mentioned by Nick on this forum. One good thing was that I found all 4 batteries needed to be reset, so that was a good lesson to learn.

The instructions in the read me file actually say one should not do the firmware upgrade from a PC laptop, but I hadn't see that.

All the best.

Richard Naismith

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Your welcome, the problem is that the camera needs power over the firewire. Had you been using a powered firewire buffer it would probably have worked even with a PC laptop.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk