Macro converter

Previous topic - Next topic

davidthescot

Has anyone got one of these yet and if so any comments?

Dustbak

I have one, I think I have one of the first. Mine doesn't fit too well on the HTS but with some force it does now.  I reckon I need to take it off and put it on several times before it does so smoothly. I use it on the 100 and with the HTS + 100 most of the time. Subjectively it appears to be better optically than using the 13mm ring. It is difficult to say, it is a wish I had for a long time, an equivalent of a 8mm ring.

I would love to try the adapter with the 50 MkII, allegedly it make the 50 optically even a better lens. Maybe a good excuse to order a 50MkII  ;D

davidthescot

Quote from: Dustbak on March 25, 2013, 05:41:16 AM
I have one, I think I have one of the first. Mine doesn't fit too well on the HTS but with some force it does now.  I reckon I need to take it off and put it on several times before it does so smoothly. I use it on the 100 and with the HTS + 100 most of the time. Subjectively it appears to be better optically than using the 13mm ring. It is difficult to say, it is a wish I had for a long time, an equivalent of a 8mm ring.

I would love to try the adapter with the 50 MkII, allegedly it make the 50 optically even a better lens. Maybe a good excuse to order a 50MkII  ;D

Thank you Ray.  I will order one and let you know how I get on with it on my 50 Mk2.

Best

meshuggener

Hi Ray, do you have some pictures made with the 100m + macro converter ? Maybe my question will sound you stupid but what is the difference with the 52mm extension tube ?

thanks !
www.matantoniassi.com
www.facebook.com/matantoniassi

Dustbak

yeah, I do have some. will look them up for you. The converter acts like an 8 mm extention ring but with better optical performance than a plain ring. It allows for closer focus but not as close as the 52mm ring.

meshuggener

ok thank you !
I will share later some test pictures I made with the 52mm + 100mm that I found to be awful in the corners unless I close the lens to f16 ! That's a pity because I can only use the center of the image at f8, not to mention bigger apertures... that makes it useless. I don't really have the same problem with 80mm and 50-110mm.
www.matantoniassi.com
www.facebook.com/matantoniassi