H3DII and the 24mm

Previous topic - Next topic

rsmphoto

After looking at the latest firmware upgrades, I've noticed that the H3DII-50, but not the 39 is listed for a firmware upgrade that involves compatibility with the 24. Does this mean the 24 will not be useable on the H3DII-39 with or without the HTS?  Hard to believe, but could this actually be true? Nah, they wouldn't do that would they? They're going to release a firmware upgrade for the other H3DII's as well, right?

Richard

Roger Méndez

Hello Richard

I've tried the lens with my H3D39 which is an older model than your's and there is no problem..... But using the HCD24 with the HTS 1,5  I'm having problems even with H4D60.... really I cant use it , the program (Phocus 2,7) always crashes. There is no problem with Phocus 2.6.6 but you wont get the lens correction. I started a post last night about this problem seeing if anyone can help me to find the problem. If you have the lens already, could you try shooting tethered to the computer with the HTS and see if Phocus 2,7 falls down????..... Thank you Richard

hvk

Richard,

It will work on the H3D39 but without Ultra Focus (for now).
See my post in the old thread about the new lens: http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php/topic,2625.msg14963.html#msg14963

/Henrik

rsmphoto

Thanks guys,

Henrik, I missed that last post on your thread. Thanks, makes me feel a bit better.

Roger, sorry I don't have the lens just yet - this potential "issue" was making me hold off.

Sounds like I can relax and just be patient.  I've been asking for a 24 for the last few years and would be sorely disappointed if at this point it was a "no go."  Like you Roger, I want the 24 for architectural use with the HTS primarily, but will also look to use it on my S2, hoping LR4 is supplied with the lens profile as it is for the other Hasselblad lenses.

Cheers,
Richard