Is this possible ?

Previous topic - Next topic

Domip

While shooting via FW800 and Flexcolor, would it be possible to make an immediate backup (at the same time, not afterwards) to second hard disk connected through the FW/Thunderbold adapter ?

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

There is a facility to do this in Phocus but I am not aware of the same in Flexcolor. Maybe a third party backup program could do something similar for you, if you are PC based Robocopy, part of the OS might work for you.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

Domip

Thanks.

How to do this in Phocus ?

Richmond

Hi Douglas, how do I set this up in Phocus? Thanks

Please look at the section on exporting images automatically in the manual, I found it on page 52 but the manual gets updated frequently so yours may be on a different page.
I know that some people find that they are not as comfortable with Phocus as their preferred imaging software and I respect that. However Phocus is a fine piece of software with a very clean interface that belies the many features it possesses, it is well worth checking all the features that are on offer.

Dustbak

Douglas,

You can automatically export to a certain destination however a backup like writing a .FFF file simultanously to another location is not (yet) in Phocus (at least not AFAIK).

I believe you may be right Dustbak, therefore a same format backup might not be possible from within Phocus. Perhaps other members of the forum can suggest an automatic copy program for Macs that works in a similar way to Microsoft's command line Robocopy feature that runs in the background. Maybe Domip could tell us if they are a Mac or PC user.

Domip

I'm on Mac OSX 10.9.2

Tried with using Sync Folders Pro with external SSD (http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/external_drives/OWC-Envoy-Pro) ... not very stable goes to sleep... looses connection... once crashed he MacBookPro Retina the hard way (only a reboot helped)... and this while working with the client besides you...

If only Phocus would have this possibility build right in.

Dustbak

This is a long time wish that has been vented to HB more than once. Even nicer would be the option to be able to select what to backup (only images rated yellow for instance, etc..).

PeterDorr

I Use Syncovery, both on my windows as my Mac.
I have set it to synch the actual capture folder in my studio with my NAS at home (2 different locations)

I have a root dir called  F:\Studio
Below that subdirs with the date of the shoot F:\Studio\2014-02-24 Babyshoot
Same setup on NAS, always synchs immediately

Although a fast upload internet speed is required for the big files to cope.

Next to that I always have Focus export a med size JPG automatically to another folder which should cover all needs?

Domip

Very well done, Peter !

Works in Studio, but on location...

Dustbak

This works but it still is not a 'conditional' backup.

For instance. I use the little color balls to determine which files I would like to use (eg. green=no use, yellow=use, red=maybe). I would like phocus to copy (export) only the yellow and/or red rated (or any other of these combinations).