Turnaround time on Hasselblad repair

Previous topic - Next topic

cerett

Sent a lens into Hasselblad USA for evaluation and possible repair. Arrived about a week ago. What is their usual turnaround time? Can I (should I) call and bug them about the status?

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

The guys in the US are the best and will not keep you waiting. I am sure that any delay is only temporary following their move of premises, clean up after the hurricane and of course the rush to beat Christmas holidays. I am also sure that they would not mind you calling just to check.  :)
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

jonathan.lipkin

I am sure they would not mind. Very nice group of people.

cerett

Just found out that the item (CF Adapter) has to go to Sweden for repair. Not very happy about that. I wanted to take it on a trip to South America four weeks from now.

cerett

Is there any way of contacting Hasselblad in Sweden and requesting an expedited repair? Do they have an email address?

xthunder

I have worked with Maryann@HasselbladUSA several times and she is awesome!!!!

One of the worst(?) repair was for my 50-110 which had to go back 3 times total but at the end I was happy that I only had to pay for the initial repair and all of the consecutive repairs were done under warranty from the first repair.

All of the Digital back repairs have to be done in Sweden and that is just too bad.  I also had H3DII-39 which was repaired twice for the same problem and each time it took about 4-6 weeks of turn-around time....

Good luck~