H3D-39 Error Message - Error Media 9011

Previous topic - Next topic

pflower

When trying to look at a capture on the back, I pressed the + key to zoom in on a detail.  When I then moved side to side to change the area under view, I  immediately got an error Message - Error Media 9011 Restart Camera.

This was on a Transcend 32 GB card on which I had previously taken at least 2,000 images without problem.  I have to say that it very probable that I hadn't tried to zoom in on any of them before today.  I also had a brand new Transcend 32GB card which I formatted - exactly the same thing happens.  The camera will capture to the card OK, will go back and forth between the photos so that you can see them but will not allow you zoom in .  No problems with a Sandisk Extreme.

Anyone else come across anything similar.  I hadn't given the reliability of the card a second thought - did 2 weeks in Rome with it  - copying the day's shoot to computer and then reformatting the card for the next day - not a single problem or error.  Should I dump them or just avoid zooming?  Dumping them would be a pain, I just bought 6 of them after a late night Amazon binge.                 

Any thoughts?

Photo Dave

The first thing to check is that the camera back firmware is up to date your H3D-39 should be running R267 on the back and and the body should be on 2.2.4. the firmwares often extend card compatibility.

I'd also consider reformatting the cards on your computer instead of the in the camera as this will make a deeper clean sweep of any old image files that could cause problems.
you will however need to reformat again in camera so the camera can use the cards but at least the deep formatting will have helped. 

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Quote from: Photo Dave on October 01, 2012, 10:54:40 PM
The first thing to check is that the camera back firmware is up to date your H3D-39 should be running R267 on the back and and the body should be on 2.2.4. the firmwares often extend card compatibility.

I'd also consider reformatting the cards on your computer instead of the in the camera as this will make a deeper clean sweep of any old image files that could cause problems.
you will however need to reformat again in camera so the camera can use the cards but at least the deep formatting will have helped. 

Photo Dave is 100% right, take his advice.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk