Preview shooting mode in Phocus

Previous topic - Next topic

David Bonnier

Hi Hasselblad  community;

Forgive my dumb question....

With Phocus, Is there any way to shoot in preview mode??? (as it was possible in Flexcolor)

Thanks for your answers

alexkent

GrantRH

Hi David

As alexkent has posted there is currently no preview mode in Phocus 1.1
This omission has been brought to Hasselblad's attention and I have been told it is on their list for reinstatement.

Grant

David Bonnier

Thanks Grant for your input!

I hope Hasseblad  will re-introduce it quickly! I can't figure out managing thousand of "false" preview ( so as single shot  in Phocus) at the end of my shooting session!

GrantRH

David

Hasselblad do realize the inconvenience to some users of the lack of 'preview' mode but have not been able to implement all intended components in these early releases.
As frustrating as it is I do all my testing in single shot and once I am satisfied with lighting etc I trash the captured tests and then expose my final single-shot or multi-shot capture.
In this way I am minimizing the possible fragmentation of files on my hard disk.

alexkent

i always thought Preview mode was a bit dangerous.
i know it can be a drag filling your harddrive up with test images. but i think i'd find it far more annoying if i got The shot, only find out that i'd forgotten to switch away from preview mode.

i'm sure it depends on your workflow / style of shooting, but i personally never used Preview in Flexcolor, even when just building up lighting.

regards,

alex

Eivind Røhne

Quote from: alexkent on November 25, 2008, 12:01:07 AM
i'm sure it depends on your workflow / style of shooting, but i personally never used Preview in Flexcolor, even when just building up lighting.

Well put Alex! Never want to miss a possible great shot either, and it's really easy to delate all the setup files before the real shoot starts if you want to. But I've actually used some of these test-shots on more than a few occasions. Like on my workshops, where they're great to show how a lighting setup is gradually being built around the model.
Cheers,
Eivind Rohne

Web: www.beyondtheice.no

David Bonnier

In fact, it depends the way you work.....

I f you work with your client "behind your shoulder", it's not very easy to deal with such kind of workflow. But if you shoot on your own, with a client waiting at his desk, for a JPEG, then it could be useful!