Hasselblad H2 Mirror/AF problem

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustbak

Grrrr........ Is anyone familiar with the type of day you should have remained in bed?

I was working on some jewelry stuff with my new MS toy and suddenly I heard a different than normal mirror return followed by one of those dreaded beeps. The H2 gave an AF problem 82:1. Figuring it might be the lens I tried several others. I tried another back, I tried downgrading & upgrading firmware, I tried Phocus instead of Flexcolor, I tried another MBP, I tried different batteries, different firewire cables, etc... Nope... Nothing. The error remained. My mirror kept being up.

Grrr....

I recently decided to get another body as well which was the only thing I did not have in duplicate but apparently this body decided to be a partypooper before (shit like this always seems to happen). Anyone any idea whether this is fixable by myself or does it need to be send to Denmark?

Next thing. I decided to take a break, it is kind of hard doing macro work without a viewfinder.  I really wanted to have toasted bread, my toaster went bust!!! I could use a good cappucino, I am a fan of good coffee, my Espresso machine was broken as well:(

This is not one of my glory days :(

grandguru

Error 82 is a body problem, together with the sound change you mention it may be a mirror fault.

Dustbak

Thx! Thought it might be that.

I had a fortunate break this body was supposed to be upgraded to the H2F, meanwhile I was promised to get a loaner. About 30 minutes ago my dealer called about this. He just got a loaner in :) So it is true, there is fortune in every misfortune. The guys in Denmark can fix that immediately as well when doing the upgrade thing.

I also immediately asked him to sell me another H2F. Another single point of failure is gone now.