H3dII 39 upgrade to H4d 40?

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Hi,
I am thinking about doing an upgarde from my H3dII 39 to the h4d 40 fot getting true focus and iso 400/800.
What I don't really like is that wide angle lenses are not as wide anymore.
I love to work wide open and I think for that, TF is just awesome. Also that u can use a little bit higher iso. I'm not really satisfied with the ISO 400 on the h3d. I tend to shoot at iso 50 to 100 because of quality.
On the other hand, the h4d hasn't got Iso 50, which is nice in bright light.

Have anyone of you done this upgrade and may give me some feedback?

hlop

H4D-50? True Focus + bigger sensor + ISO50. No ISO1600 though

I've upgraded from H3DII-31 to H4D-50. One of reasons - wanted wide angles to be wider. Also, thinking about using technical camera in the future and H4D-50 sensor doesn't have micro-lenses causing strong color cast on H4D-40 back used with technical cameras

Martin

yes I thought about the 50 too, but I don't know if it's worth the extra money to have the 10MP more.

Paul Claesson

Maddin,

The Kodak 50mp sensor is the direct replacement for the discontinued Kodak 39mp sensor.

Paul Claesson
Orbitvu USA
Former Hasselblad Employee

Martin

fotografz

To repeat some of the previous points made.

My buddy just opted for the nice Hasselblad trade-in program now running to upgrade from the H3D/39-II to the H4D/50. He is VERY happy!

The advantages are more than just 10 meg gain over the H4D/40 ... the H4D/50 retains the larger sensor over the 40 for wide work, and also retains the base ISO-50 verses ISO-100 of the 40. Personally, I'd rather have the ISO-50 than a top ISO-1600 because of the top shutter speed of 1/800th in brighter lighting and for use in studio with strobes.

However, only you know what is most important to how and what you shoot. The H4D/40 is no slouch when it comes to IQ.

-Marc

Martin

hi marc, thanks for message! the 50 is definitely on top of the list ;)
best ,Martin