Error Code 21:1 on 120 lens

Previous topic - Next topic

sns7000

Did our shutter go? Any idea if there is a glossary of error codes? What does it cost to repair the shutter?

studiophoto1

Certainly the shutter, just happened to me before summer vacations ( Code 19:1 ), cost: around 500/600 € ; for me it was 3 months after warranty . Finally they offer me the repair cost with 6 months warranty. Depending how old is your and how many actuations??
Philippe

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Error codes are just a report of what failed to happen when the software running the camera expected something to happen, etc (I am sure you get the idea). In this case the shutter was commanded to fire but it didn't but tracing the cause of that failure is where we have to use reasoning and evidence. The most likely cause is that the contacts failed and a sensible first strategy is to check that the contacts are clean, has it ever happened with another lens or just this one, for example. Just like a doctor will quiz a person for symptoms to finally conclude what the illness is (and sometimes get it wrong) the error codes are symptoms and the diagnosis is never as simple as error x equals failure y.
Clean the contacts, check you have the latest firmware and if you get a repeat of the problem please call your local service people and they will take it to the next level.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk