Problems shooting tethered with H4D-50

Previous topic - Next topic

Bahrk

Hi everyone,

So last week I was in the studio doing a fashion shoot tethered with the h4d-50. I love this camera.

However, after a few frames when I would try to focus or activate the true focus I had a blacked out viewfinder which would only open up when I triggered the shutter. This happened continuously the whole day in spells of 10-20 shots. I've never had this happen when untethered and this was my first tethered shoot. I was using a relatively flush Mac book pro (connected to mains power supply), latest version of phocus and all current firmware for the camera, back and viewfinder.

If anyone is able to help me with this or shares a similar problem  would really appreciate some help. It's quite embarrassing when it happens in front of my client.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Bahr

Bahrk

Hi Greg,

I can't seem to reply to your message but I was constantly making sure I wasn't triggering th mirror up function. I also noticed that the same thing happens when I push up on the directional pad when connected to phocus. When it happens it's like the mirror I up but in a quieter way.