LightRoom is going Tehtered !

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Ben, have you done much comparing between LR and C1? I am trying to decide which way to go for my Olympus images.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

bdp

Quote from: Jeff on December 05, 2012, 09:27:41 AM
Ben, have you done much comparing between LR and C1? I am trying to decide which way to go for my Olympus images.

Hi Jeff,

Not really. I have only ever had trial versions of C1 and I test new versions when they come out. I personally prefer the rendering in LR, and find it much easier to use, and it has better NR and sharpening, recovery and shadow fill etc. But I'm sure C1 produces nicer colours for some images. I've just never really liked the look of C1 images for some reason. It's like the texture or grain to the files is nasty and over-sharpened. Maybe it's their demosaicing or whatever it's called. But in reality once the images are printed they probably look great and you don't see all this stuff.

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Hi Ben, thanks. I'm just getting into LR4 for Oly files only and could switch to C1 if it were better. I'm having more trouble with things like sharpening after doing it in PS. I have a friend, who just happens to be a Phase One rep, who keeps pushing me towards C1. I never liked ACR much but that was probably really comparing DSLR output to the H.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com