OS 10.8?

Previous topic - Next topic

rsmphoto

Any brave souls out there tried testing Phocus with OS 10.8 yet?

Ali Alriffai

Working fine here with me
Browsed and exported some photos without any problems

rsmphoto

Great to hear. Thanks.

Now awaiting the fabled release of the TB -> FW800 cable....

Paul Claesson

RSM,

One of our Tech's downloaded ML 10.8 the day it was released, no problems or issues so far.
10.8.1 has just been released and we will test this update.

Paul Claesson
Orbitvu USA
Former Hasselblad Employee

rsmphoto

Thanks Paul, My experience with 10.8.1 has been fine as well with multi-day shoots.  Not a hiccup.

Dustbak

Ahum.....

Allright. Phocus doesn't have a lot of issues but if you are working heavily with PS and a Wacom tablet I suggest waiting for a while before 'upgrading' to Mountain Lion.  I am experiencing numerous rotten little stinking annoyances with ML and PSCS6.0 & PSCS5.5. to name a few:

1) Disappearring cursor. Sounds like a futility but try retouching several hundred of files and constantly having to tab out and into CS to get your cursor back
2) Image processor no longer works on one of the machines (this is solved by re-installing CS5.5)
3) Sluggishness of tablets, annoying having to redraw brushstrokes or not being sure whether they have been applied so you need to check.
4) Crashing Bridge when you change the view or sort order
5) CS6.0 gets extremely slow when you are working with files with a lot of layers, turning off the layer preview helps somewhat but not enough (this is being worked on by Adobe).
6) Etc...

Paul Claesson

Dustbak,

Thank you for the reply. This is good information for those considering upgrading to ML.
Paul Claesson
Orbitvu USA
Former Hasselblad Employee

arminw

I have the same problem with disappearing coursor and sluggish brush strokes using ML 10.8.2 and Photoshop CS6 with a wacom tablet . Its so frustrating and i hope some fix will come soon . Phocus is working find when adjusting and exporting , but I  have not used it yet tethered .

Quote from: Dustbak on September 11, 2012, 01:53:03 AM
Ahum.....

Allright. Phocus doesn't have a lot of issues but if you are working heavily with PS and a Wacom tablet I suggest waiting for a while before 'upgrading' to Mountain Lion.  I am experiencing numerous rotten little stinking annoyances with ML and PSCS6.0 & PSCS5.5. to name a few:

1) Disappearring cursor. Sounds like a futility but try retouching several hundred of files and constantly having to tab out and into CS to get your cursor back
2) Image processor no longer works on one of the machines (this is solved by re-installing CS5.5)
3) Sluggishness of tablets, annoying having to redraw brushstrokes or not being sure whether they have been applied so you need to check.
4) Crashing Bridge when you change the view or sort order
5) CS6.0 gets extremely slow when you are working with files with a lot of layers, turning off the layer preview helps somewhat but not enough (this is being worked on by Adobe).
6) Etc...

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.

mauro risch

Same Here.
Using CS6 and Wacom tablet on my MAC and the cursor disappears when moving from 1 screen to the other.
The trick I use is to "COMM + TAB" between programs and come back to CS6.
It normally brings me the cursor back to moving between the 2 monitors.
www.maurorisch.com
    0430 383 588

Dustbak

Yes, but that does not help much when you have to do heavy production :(

Are you also experiencing general sluggishness and unresponsiveness from the tablet? Could you both do yourself and everyone else a favor by expressing your problem on the Adobe forum and with Wacom technical support? The more people that are vocal about this the sooner someone will start solving this.