Black dots on line on sensor

Previous topic - Next topic

anto

I took a shot to test the sensor of my h3d2, and after cleaning the sensor(air only), a line of black dots almost straight  did not  disappear.same thing after wet cleaning also.what could.be ?           Thank you for any help.

NickT

Hi Anto
Have a look at the sensor with a magnifier, are the dots on the inside or the outside of the glass?
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

anto

I can't see clearly if the stripe is on or under the glass.what could be?

anto

Anyway i'm not sure if are they visible whit my magnifier since on monitor 100% ,they look quite small.

anto

Now i'm not at home , but soon as i'll be back , i'll post the portion of the sensor  i'm speaking about.

anto

this is a portion of the sensor whit the problem.(100%)
any helps'

NickT

It looks like it might be mould/fungus to me, if that's the case and it's under the glass it will mean a trip back to Hasselblad for a clean.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

anto

Do you think it's frequent? I store my gear in a case whit a lot of silica to prevent.I live in the norther side of Italy ,so we have moisture in the air most of the time but not so seriussly.

anto

Derek ,do you think is fungus anyway? i'm planning a trip to southwest usa next october,so i would like to send the back to Hasselblad after the trip .do you think could be a problem?

anto

I've just Talk whit the dealer and he say that coukd take a month to have the camera back, so i think to wait after my trip.I hope that's notr a problem!

anto

Thanks Derek ,and thank to all for the answers.My concerrn in case of fungus is how fast they can grow!

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

I think that there is an opportunity to use the dust removal tool in Phocus to limit the visibility of these suspected fungal marks. The main advantage I can see is that the preset for the removal of the marks can be saved and applied to other images saving you a lot of work. Because the dust removal tool is intended for removing simple dots the user may have to play around with size and amount to get a good result and also check that the effect works as well at different apertures. However if they are fungus marks they won't move so the preset would work very well here.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

anto

Thank you Douglas,
I'm not so sure the dots to be fungus, since they appear suddenly during a trip to southwest.You can see them only if you know exactli where they are and at leastbat f 22.I'm pretty sure they are under the glass, several attempt to remove them whit no succes.