H3D firmware based improvement wish list

Previous topic - Next topic

glennedens

I would like to see shooting information, live on the rear LCD.  I am not talking about live view (although that would be nice) all I am really asking for is to be able to view camera parameters on the rear LCD: f-stop, EV compensation, shutter speed at a minimum and ISO, WB, drive mode and meter mode if possible before the shot is taken.

I often wind up shooting in positions where the top LCD, and sometimes even the prism viewfinder are difficult or impossible to see (high tripod or hanging over a cliff for example).  My Nikon D3 and my p&s can all do this.  It appears that a variant of the I2C bus is being used for the different camera elements to talk to each other and it certainly appears that messages are flying back and forth between all the systems so it would seem that the back can "see" all of the messages?

Seems to me this should just be a "small matter of programming" :)

Thank you,

Glenn

NickT

Quote from: glennedens on November 05, 2008, 12:55:46 PM
I would like to see shooting information, live on the rear LCD.  I am not talking about live view (although that would be nice) all I am really asking for is to be able to view camera parameters on the rear LCD: f-stop, EV compensation, shutter speed at a minimum and ISO, WB, drive mode and meter mode if possible before the shot is taken.

I often wind up shooting in positions where the top LCD, and sometimes even the prism viewfinder are difficult or impossible to see (high tripod or hanging over a cliff for example).  My Nikon D3 and my p&s can all do this.  It appears that a variant of the I2C bus is being used for the different camera elements to talk to each other and it certainly appears that messages are flying back and forth between all the systems so it would seem that the back can "see" all of the messages?

Seems to me this should just be a "small matter of programming" :)

Thank you,

Glenn
I would have thought this was doable, after all you know that a double tap on the shutter button puts the camera in "back menu mode" where you can use the scroll wheels to move through the back menus, so the communication is there...

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Dustbak

I like to be able to turn of the display from Phocus all together. It is a nuisance that it sometime lights up when doing fine focussing. I second the wish of the shooting data on the LCD display, this could be very handy. For me especially when the camera is fairly high up.

Ralf Mueller

Hi,

Not sure it was discussed earlier somewhere else, what I'd like the firmware do is put the camera
mirror into normal (down) position as part of switching off the camera. I find myself too often switching on
the camera just to put the mirror down while the only thing i plan to do is control composition but forgot
to put the mirror down the shot before.
I would assume that could be easily done in the firmware as part of the camera shutdown procedure.

Best Regards,
  Ralf