DC Power Grip...anyone using one?

Previous topic - Next topic

pchong

Seeking feedback...worthwhile investment for studio in lieu of spare batteries?

DBF

Yes, I use it - but mostly with a self-made Adapter for Sony NP-F960 (6.800 mAh) Batteries outdoor.
Works perfekt and Battery lasts looong, even when its really cold outside.

desertdiver

pchong,

yes I use it. It does what it is supposed to do. No problems here. I wish it were already part of the camera kit....

Regards,
Udo

mauro risch

Great idea Udo.
It would be great to have it when shooting in the studio.
For a couple of bucks extra, it should come with the kit.
Cheers,

Mauro
www.maurorisch.com
    0430 383 588

meshuggener

DBF : i'm looking for this solution ! Maybe you would share it ? It would be so nice !  :)
www.matantoniassi.com
www.facebook.com/matantoniassi

DBF

I bought one more Charger for the Batteries - these are cheap - took out the Charging Electronics of it and soldered a Cable to the + and - Points. On the other End of the Cable a Plug, that fits in the Connector of the Power-Grip - Check the Polarity!!!!! :D :D
I took a Cable, that can be stratched - I don`t know the englissh Word for that - like Telephones in older Days had.
It doesent look "Hasselblad like" but it works - the Battery holds well in the Charger - and the Battery in Pocket lasts.

meshuggener

thanks DBF for that ! do you have any image of this invention ?  :)
www.matantoniassi.com

DBF

meshuggener

quite little image but it helps to understand !  :)
I understand now, you bought another sony charger (or no name), i thought you were talking about another Hasselblad charger. How much pictures can you do with a sony battery ?
www.matantoniassi.com

DBF

It lasts four Times longer, than the H. Li.Ion - Grip.
The Number of Photos is not so important for me.
I am Amateur and take the Camera on one until three Day Tours in the Country with no Chance of Charging a Battery.
Last Summer , i was on and around Spitzbergen - it must never happen, that an Icebear appears and I must Start the Camera and perhaps get a nice Error Message  ???.
So Camera was always on and everything worked fine!

pchong

Sorry, I am still confused...in your pic, the left box is the Sony battery? How does this go into the H battery? Or is that a H DC grip?

meshuggener

pchong, yes, it's a H DC grip. The charger on the left is the sony charger (or no name). Another solution maybe to have a CR123A grip with rechargeable CR123A that can go up to 2000mAh each (but for 3.7V) or to 1200mAh for 3V. Do you  think it could be a problem if you put 3.7V instead of 3V ?
www.matantoniassi.com

fotografz

Yes, I use one.

When working in the studio you do not have to remember to charge the grip batteries every night.

-Marc

pchong

Thanks...with rechargable cr123/, at either 9v or 11.1v, would that be too much? I do have a cr123 grip which i am not using.

meshuggener

pchong, here is an answer from Paul Claesson, from Hasselblad USA about the same question i had too.

I checked with our hardware designer and have been informed that the digital magazine can use a maximum of 10.0 VDC. Above that threshold there is a risk for damage to the digital magazine. So 3.3 VDC per cell is maximum.
I have recently seen a customer using 2 - 3v (600mAh) and 1 -3.7v (600mAh), total 9.7v with success.

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad Bron Inc.

The thing is that 3.7V batteries have more mAh capacity... but there is a risk using it.
hope it will help you.  :)
www.matantoniassi.com