CF card problems in H4D-60 (no media)

Previous topic - Next topic

hamishhamilton

Hi guys,

I use 3 Transcend 32GB 400x cards with my H3Dii-39ms and Canon system without issue. With my H4D-60 only one of the Transcend cards seems to work. The two that don't work were purchased together and have very close serial #'s.

When I format them it just asks me to do so again and then says there is no media.

I did find someone with a similar problem here: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=56070.0

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Hamish

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Make sure you have the latest firmware (R500) for your camera installed. It the best I can come up with for now.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

hamishhamilton

Thanks for the reply Douglas. I have checked and seem to have the r500 firmware. Might it be worth a reinstall?

Cheers,

Hamish

Greg

Hamish,

I don't mean to be unhelpful here, but this is why I stick with Sandisk or Lexar.  We picked the best when we went with Hasselblad, so why not do the same with our CF cards.  You are, however, absolutely correct in thinking that any CF card should work in our H cameras.  But I got two 32 GB Sandisk Extreme Pro cards, from B&H for $99.95 each, a few months ago.  Those two and my 32 GB Lexar 400 offer a lot of storage space.  I remember when we thought a 60 GB hard drive on our desktop computer was huge. 

Greg