Leica S adapter for Hasselblad lenses - why not the other way around?

Previous topic - Next topic

davidthescot

Just posted this topic in another place (guess).  It seems to me that Leica's decision to launch this product has more to do with alleviating the chronic shortage of Leica lenses particularly the ones with integral shutters and supporting the sales of the S body.  This camera body is pretty freely available now but is useless without the lenses.  I have zero interest in an S body for its own sake being more than happy with my Hasselblad but I would be very tempted to buy the S lenses for my 60 if an adapter were available.

fotografz

I have the S2P and four lenses. My H lenses will fill in the blanks between available S focal lengths ... including ones that Leica is not likely to produce for a very long time, if ever.

There are some redundancies, but they also bring something to the party ... like the HC120-II is a 1:1 macro where the S120 is 1:2.

The S2 body is more compact than my H4D/60, and is a nice alternative to it for some applications. It also has taken over many 35mm DSLR roles. Once set-up the S2 is very fast to work with, and the battery never seems to run low.

Remains to be seen how this new adapter works in terms of AF speed. I've ordered one, so I'll find out soon enough.

-Marc

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Marc,

I'd be very interested to hear how the H lenses work on the Leica, and the IQ in particular. I assume that they will be processed through Lightroom. As I understand it, Phocus is still what you use to get the best out of the H lenses.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

rsmphoto

Marc,

I've had the same thought about the S2 being a good alternative choice to my H3DII-39...and I'd be more than interested to hear how an HTS might get along with an S2.....if you have one once you get the adpater.

Richard

rsmphoto

Thanks Derek.  I'll do some looking around on the web to see what I can discover.

Richard