Peculiar behavior with remote shutter release

Previous topic - Next topic

Miller

I know there is a setting that blocks the shutter from firing when focus is not achieved. It seems odd that this setting would be different in de default and the studio profiles, but it should be easy to check?
On the bright side, you have learned a lot about setting up profiles for your camera ::).

Frans Rutten

ghoonk

There's such a setting in my Nikon, but I've been hard pressed to find it in the H4D so far - any idea where that setting is?

Also, in my example, the camera was focused - TF was on for some tests, or I had the double arrow confirmation on others.

Miller

If you had focus confirmation the settings can't be the issue.
Anyhow, you can change the AF settings by pressing the AF button and turning the front control wheel. On my H3DII there are three options: manual, AF S and AF C.

Frans Rutten

ghoonk

Well, still no idea, but what the heck, I found a profile that works for me, done customizing it too. Back to business :)

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Quote from: Miller on March 31, 2012, 05:10:19 PM
I know there is a setting that blocks the shutter from firing when focus is not achieved. It seems odd that this setting would be different in de default and the studio profiles, but it should be easy to check?
On the bright side, you have learned a lot about setting up profiles for your camera ::).

Frans Rutten

In the Single focus setting the release is blocked until the focus is found, in Continous setting the camera will fire even if the focus is not found and Manual is of course manual.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

ghoonk