HDR Images/Bracketing

Previous topic - Next topic

cerett

Can someone provide me with a good workflow for HDR images. What works well for you? I'm using the bracketing function on my H4D-60. Does single shot or continuous make any difference? Mirror up or down with bracketing? Any additional tricks or suggestions?

Michael H. Cothran

Hi. I've owned an H4D for about 6 weeks now, and have finally gotten my head around bracketing. Single or Continuous makes no big difference, except that you can fire the entire sequence without releasing the shutter button in Continuous mode. And you can finish the sequence faster, if that's important at the time. I shoot landscapes, and always prefer mirror-up. Bracketing or not. The H4D can shoot in bracketing mode with the mirror up. Here's how, if you don't know:
On the grip menu, go to Menu>Settings>Custom Options>#32 "Always return mirror." Change the bottom from "yes" to "no."
Then create your bracketing sequence to the point that you're ready to fire. Click the mirror up. Fire your complete sequence. Note the mirror remains up. After the last shot, click the mirror back down.
Hope this helps.
Gee, it sorta feels good being able to actually help someone else, instead of being the one always asking the questions. ;D

NickT

Good tip Michael Thank you :)

Here's one for you try double tapping the mirror up button and see what happens :)

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

ghoonk

Nice - it triggers the self timer!

ghoonk

Now if only there was a way to keep the self-timer on until i manually deactivate it :)

Jacephoto

Quote from: ghoonk on July 21, 2012, 06:30:06 PM
Now if only there was a way to keep the self-timer on until i manually deactivate it :)

Yes. There is a way. Took me many months to figure out.

However i don't have my camera w me now. Will try to return to the forum and input. Meanwhile, someone else, please help?