Multi shot platform options

Previous topic - Next topic

C Radlund

Since I posted our problems with the Rollie control S I thought I would ask what solutions Hasselblad multi shot photographers are using these days.
I would like to get our situation resolved with the Rollei system but if I am throwing money away I would like to know what my options are for use on a view camera. We shoot 95% in studio in room scenes etc and like having the swings and tilts to correct perspective. Old school I know but I don't think software gets it quite right.
Thanks,
Corey

sns7000

We're using a Linhof 679 with a Kapture Group sliding back. We went with the Schnieder Digitars and electronic shutters. Our local rep as well as a a Hasselblad rep both advised against the Rollei System way back when we made the switch to digital.

We've had some issues over the years but after they worked out some problems with the cables all has worked very reliably (considering the fragility of the digital capture) for the last 3 or 4 years. We've used both a 528C and an H3D39MS in our time (gotta love that 16 shot on the old Imacon), mostly these days its the H3D39MS that we use.

As you know Phocus is limited to the 4 pop but it isn't usually an issue for us. We like Phocus and except for occasional hiccups everything plays well together. Our controller is the simple one that Schnieder sold for our 528C I don't see it mentioned in their online catalog it is #1005393 Adapter Cable. We only shoot tethered with Large format and we have not used their more complex Shutter Control ES, so I can't comment on it.

Hope you can find a solution. We find that there really is a visual difference when we use our view camera and its lenses, slightly better than our Hasselblad lenses and significantly better than DSLR lenses.

C Radlund

Thanks for the info. I am gathering information on the Rollei system and it appears that I may have an unstable voltage problem that is cooking the system. There have been upgrades to the controllers and parts are scarce. I will be updating my plight as soon as I find a solution. I am not sure why we decided on Rollei. Likely the hip solution at the time and it did work flawlessly for 8+ years. When we had 6MP Megavision systems we had all Schnieder systems. We must have thought it was time for a change. As a matter of fact we have multiple autostop shutters for the system in storage. They all have a mono plug if anyone has interest in them.
Thanks again,
Corey