Rollei S controller users HELP and insight

Previous topic - Next topic

C Radlund

Hello all,
I am looking for feedback from anyone who uses their backs on large format cameras with a Rollei S controller. We have had an issue with the four controllers we own. I have had each in for repair over the past few months and now two are not operating properly again. What has happened is that the controller will only fire our shutters at about 1/8th of a second or slower. We discovered this when we were having streaking in images as well as other issues. Here is the coincidence that happened when we figured this out. Our system are 22MS CF backs. We upgraded to the most recent firmware for our backs when we started having the problem of streaking etc. It may be a real coincidence or is there a issue with r265 and the rollei controllers?
If anyone has had issue with upgrading their backs and Rollei controllers could you please let me know of your situation? I am trying to figure out with my out of state repair house the issues I am having. When they repaired the last time they said they had to upgrade the controllers and replace resistors. One of my controllers that was returned would not work properly on battery power alone and had to be plugged in at all times. If i need to do that it is not a problem but that particular controller is no longer firing faster than 1/8th. I can shoot longer exposures 1/2 to 15 sec but not faster than a 1/8th.
Thank you for any insight. IF anyone has information and would like to contact me direct please do so. corey@radlund.com
Thanks again,
Corey