H3D-22 Invalid Calibration

Previous topic - Next topic

nicolasmia

Hi

I got a H3D-22 with a H2. Without and evident reason when I turn the camera on I got a message on the back that says: Invalid Calibration. The display on the camera says: Information. I click Ok on both and the camera is completely frozen. Any idea how to fix this? I been looking for any info about this particular issue but couldn't find anything so any help I highly appreciated.

Thanks

Nico

grandguru

You can try this, no promises.
Mac or PC, with no programs running AND holding down the approval (green/yellow/red) button plug in the firewire lead. Camera back must say "H Loader" to proceed. Start Flexcolor 4.8.6 and the firmware will be uploaded to the back, follow the instructions on screen.
Good luck.

urban71

Had the same problem w/ H3D39 - "suddenly" I have this "invalid calibraton".  Did the H-load and didn't work.  Unfortunately, I didn't realised this until after the shoot with all 35 files showing BLACK images.  During the shoot, everything was normal (ie preview, histogram after each shot) until I'm back at the studio and load the files onto FlexiColor, my worst nightmare came true... couldn't retrive the files or open as it kept crashing the FlexColor.  So anyone out there have any solution?  The file is still there BUT just a 40mb of BLACK.

choen

It happened to my h3d-22 also. Like urban71, with the black images I thought I had some kind of elementary error at first or that my lights had not synced at all or something. Then one day this 'invalid calibration' message just wouldnt go away whatever I did. It did spoil a few of my shoots.

So I sent it to the local dealer, where they tried to reset the firmware to no result. They have no idea what's going on.
It is going back to Sweden again for the second time in 3 months (the first time was to replace some parts that had problems).

jonaphil

Hello all,

I've got the same problem on my 503CWD Anniversary Edition.
It went on "Error - Invalid Calibration" this summer, went off a bit, and now is back again and blocking the whole camera.
It appears when switching on, Phocus or Flexcolor do not recognize the camera, so it seems I'll have to send it back to Denmark....
Geez....
And I'm leaving on 30th for a really important photo shoot...
Anyone had news about it ?
Is it like the piezo element which has to be calibrated again, or changed ?
Anyone had his camera serviced for that ?

Thanks,

Jonathan

violeg

Hi there!
Just got same problem as you had...
Did you solve it already? how did you do that?
Please, help.
Thanks in advance.
Oleg.

martinnz

I have the same problem. I got advice from Hasselblad which was "Invalid Calibration error is in the digital back.
It may require only a re-calibration or worst case scenario would be DSP board or other? What firmware is currently installed on that unit ?
If it´s anything other than R259 , you could try upgrading the firmware to see if that rectifies the problem."
My back is now on a trip to Denmark. Regards Martin